Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Stash Siren Song

I'm fluffy, I'm springy, I'm lovely to see,
As soon as you can, don't you want to knit me?
Knit me, oh, knit me, I'm waiting in line,
Just think of the wonderful sweater divine
That my strands would turn into if only you would!
Oh, knit me, oh knit me, you know that you should!
Forget that old thing you are working on now!
As soon as you wear it, you'll look like a cow!
But in the sweater I'll make, you'll look thin as can be!
Oh, knit me, oh knit me, oh won't you knit me?
For all of this time I've been down in your stash,
For me you paid lots of your good hard earned cash,
It's a shame that I'm here just a wastin' away
When you could be knitting me every day!
Forget that old scarf, throw that dishcloth aside,
That vest is a dozer, it looks like it died!
You don't like the color, it ain't the right size!
But by knitting with me you would prove yourself wise!
Just think of the fun, just think of the glee,
If you knit me, oh knit me, oh won't you knit me?
And if you knit me, oh, I swear that's not all,
There won't be a knot in the whole gol durned ball!
The sweater won't pill, it won't shrink in the wash,
What more could you ask, oh what more, oh my gosh!
My color won't crock, it won't bleed on your shirt,
And though you fall in the mud, it won't show any dirt!
And if you should die when it you are wearing,
You will go straight to heaven, your needles a-bearing,
Because, up in heaven, the angels all knit,
And if you knit me, then with them you will sit!
Just think of the heavenly welcome there'll be!
Oh, knit me, oh knit me, oh won't you knit me?

© 2001 by Janine Tinklenberg.This poem may be used in knitting guild newsletters freely as long as my name appears and I get a copy of the newsletter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home